Digital Image Library - Creating a Slideshow
The DIL Start Page is located here. Log in with your NetID and password.
Connection to the Internet. If you are reading this, chances are pretty good that you are currently on-line.
Active NetID and password. In order to access the DIL, you will need to have an active NetID and current password to log in.
Instructor Privileges for DIL*. In order to create a slideshow in the DIL, you must first obtain instructor privileges by emailing Digital Collections.
*Note: Even if you have instructor privileges for Blackboard and other university websites accessed via netid, you still need to request instructor privileges for the Digital Image Library.
Creating a new slide show in the DIL Top
1. Click "My Slideshows".
2. Click "Create New Slideshow".
3. Enter desired slideshow title in the "Title" text box. Click "Rename".
Adding Images to your slideshow Top
1. To add images click the "Add Images" button.
2. Click on "Search", "Browse", "My Images", or "Favorites", depending on how you want to find your slideshow images.
3. For the search, select all applicable collections by clicking the box to the left of the collection, enter a keyword in the "Search for keyword" box, and click "Search".
4. Select the desired images by clicking the "Selected" box under the thumbnail. To search for another image for this slideshow, click "Back to Search".
5. When you are finished searching, click "Add selected images to slideshow".
6. Click "Add Selected Images" to add the selections you've just made to the slideshow you just created.
Rearranging/Deleting slides in your slideshow Top
1. To rearrange the order of the slides in your slideshow, you must use the "Light Table" function. This can be accessed by clicking on "Light Table".
2. To rearrange slides: click and drag the slide to a new location. To duplicate a slide: Click on the desired slide to select it, and click "Duplicate Slide(s)".
3. To save changes to a slideshow: click "Save Changes". When this window appears, click "OK". When you are finished editing the presentation, click "Leave Light Table".
4. To delete an undesired slide, click on the undesired slide to select it, and click "trash" to delete.