Reference provides research assistance and services to support the academic research of Northwestern University. Librarians and reference staff:
- Answer general or specific research questions using a variety of resources in print, online, and other formats.
- Offer research assistance in person, by phone, email, and IM.
- Provide one-on-one consultations for more in-depth questions or projects.
- Conduct library instruction sessions for classes, for groups, as well as workshops on a variety of topics.
For detailed help in specific areas you may wish to contact the following departments or libraries: Africana, Art, Government Information, Health Sciences, Law, Math, Music, Science and Engineering, Transportation, United Library, and University Archives.
*Our IM, text and e-mail services are intended for use by current students, faculty and staff of Northwestern University. We will also attempt to answer questions from the general public when they pertain to specific items in our libraries' collections, library services or to the university itself.
The Reference Room is a designated quiet study area.
The following technology located in the Reference Room is available to the public:
- Computers and Printers
- Copy machines
- Power and data ports for laptops
IM and texting service available these hours during the academic year