Ask a Librarian
- IM or Text us at (847) 868-9059
- E-mail us your question. You will usually get a response by the next business day*
- Call us at (847) 491-7656
- Drop in and ask us your question. Location: Main Library - Level 1 (map)
- Research Consultation Services for in-depth research help
- Contact a Subject Specialist in the Library
For detailed help in specific areas you may wish to contact the following departments or libraries: Africana, Art, Government Information, Health Sciences, Law, Math, Music, Science and Engineering, Transportation, United Library, and University Archives.
*Our IM, text and e-mail services are intended for use by current students, faculty and staff of Northwestern University. We will also attempt to answer questions from the general public when they pertain to specific items in our libraries' collections, library services or to the university itself.
IM and texting service available during reference hours.