September 2011 - Building Access Policy
Northwestern University students, faculty, staff and affiliates have access to the library at all open hours as listed at the library web site (http://www.library.northwestern.edu/about/hours-and-locations); please note the latest changes for recess and holidays.
Faculty, staff, students and patrons with NU barcoded library cards are required to scan their WildCARD or library card at the turnstile each time they enter the library.
Northwestern University Library affiliates may enter the Northwestern University Library during all open hours by showing one of these forms of ID:
- Northwestern University Alumni Card
- Current ID from Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary
- Staff ID from the following Northwestern Medical School affiliates:
- Children’s Memorial Hospital
- Evanston Hospital
- Glenbrook Hospital
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Veteran’s Administration Lakeside Medical Center
The following groups may enter the library during all open hours by showing a current photo ID from their institution and registering with one of these pieces of photo identification: driver’s license, state ID card, passport, or military ID.
- Current faculty, staff and students from a CIC (Committee on Institutional Cooperation) University
- Current University ID from Loyola University of Chicago
- Current ID from University of Illinois Chicago
- Current faculty from non-CIC universities who have an OCLC reciprocal borrower’s card
- Current Staff ID from The Art Institute of Chicago
- Current Staff ID from The Newberry Library
Anyone without a Northwestern affiliate ID must register in order to enter the library. As part of the registration process, these individuals must present one of these pieces of photo identification: driver’s license, state ID card, passport, or military ID. Registered patrons will be given a barcode to use to enter the building which will expire at the end of the day’s public hours.