Deering Library - Level 2
- The Northwestern University Music Library was founded in 1945 and it's one of the largest in the United States. Read about its History.
- Most of its departments are located on the second floor of Deering Library, but ML and MT titles can be found on the first floor.
- Access Northwestern University's official songs here.
Music Library Reference Room
- The Reference Room holds some of the Music Library's titles on its stacks and features space for the public.
Music Library Circulation Desk
- In order to borrow materials from the Music Library, patrons must have a valid WildCARD, but most titles do circulate.
- Some restrictions apply and more information can be found here.
- In addition to the space in the Reference Room, the Music Library also provides computers for public access.
- More information on hardware and software provided is available here.
Music Library Periodicals
- The Music Libray also holds music-related periodicals on the stacks on the second floor of Deering Library.
- Holds most of the music books.
- More information on the location of Music Collections is available here.
Music Library Lab Computers
- The Music Lab features a total of 18 Mac and Windows computers in an environment for beginnig to mid-level productions.
- It holds all of the almost 60,000 CDS, records and tapes the Music Library owns.
- It features in-house listening facilities and CDs can also be checked out (view the circulation policy).