UBorrow is a partnership ILL service of Northwestern University Library and several other research libaries for the expedited request and delivery of physical items (e.g., books) that allows you to:
Search and browse a database of 14 combined research library and collection holdings
- Discover whether or not a book is currently available for borrowing at Northwestern or from other participating institutions since circulation status is current for all libaries
- Place a request through your ILL account that goes directly to another insitution without needing to be processed by local staff which may slow down requests
- Expect faster and more reliable turnaround time to get the needed resource
- Receive longer, predictable loan period of 12 weeks (with the option of a 4-week renewal) for physical book loans. DVDs and other special-format materials will still relatively brief loan periods.
Participating institutions are:
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Indiana University
- University of Iowa
- University of Michigan
- Michigan State University
- University of Minnesota
- University of Nebraska
- Northwestern University
- The Ohio State University
- Penn State University
- Purdue University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Center for Research Libraries
Please give UBorrow a try.
We hope you will find that the service is a great fit for many of your ILL needs!