General Information and Policies
Circulation is responsible for shelving, locating missing books, and recalling books checked out to other users, among many other things.
- Borrow from the Evanston campus
- Borrow from non-Northwestern libraries
- Request In Process and Uncatalogued Materials
- Request Library Storage Facility Materials
- Request an Article
- A book drop is available at the Schaffner circulation desk.
- Each library (except Science-Engineering) provide an after hour book drop.
- Receipts for returned materials may be requested at time of return.
- Books may be returned to any Northwestern University library, except that items belonging to the Chicago campus libraries request that you return them to the owning library.
- Reserve materials should be returned to the lending reserve desk.
Library Privileges (for patrons who have not been issued a Northwestern ID)
- Northwestern University Alumni
- Northwestern Affiliates and non-Northwestern Patrons, including Loyola and University of Chicago patrons.
For additional information on library privileges, please contact either the Library Privileges Office on the first floor of the Main Library or inquire at the Schaffner Circulation Desk.
View your Library Account
Login to MyNUcat to: