Schaffner Loan Periods
- Four weeks for NU undergraduate student
- Four weeks for NU staff
- Four weeks for guest and corporate borrowers
- Twelve weeks for NU graduate students
- One year for NU faculty
- When a patron's WildCard is near expiration, and this falls within a chargeout period, materials will only be charged out until the WildCard's expiration date.
- Three (3) days to Northwestern University (NU) students, staff, and all patrons in special borrowers categories
- Fourteen (14) days to faculty and all graduate students who have a valid NU WildCARD or borrower's card.
- A maximum of five (5) items (i.e. VHS reels, DVD discs, and bound guides) may be checked out to students, staff and special borrowers during any given three (3) day loan period. Northwestern University faculty on the Evanston campus may check out a maximum of 25 items at one time. Graduate students may check out a maximum of 10 items at one time.
Please note that the due date for a book may be shortened if the item is recalled by another user. Patrons are notified by mail of the new due date, and fines will apply for items not returned by the new date.
Reference books, periodicals, sound recordings, and certain other materials do not circulate. Please check with the lending library regarding specific policies.