Renew Books Online
Patrons may log in to their account at any time on NUcat by choosing the "My Account" link at the top of the page (highlighted below):
After you click the "My Account" button, you will see a page containing a short form at the bottom.
1. In this form, enter the 14-digit barcode from your WildCard and your last name, then click Login.
2. After logging in, you will see a list of the items currently charged to you. Click the checkboxes next to the items you would like to renew, then click Renew Items.
3. If you do not see checkboxes next to your items, or if after attempting to renew the books you are told they have not been renewed, it could be due to one of several reasons:
- You may have already renewed them the maximum number of times allowed online
- Your WildCard may be expired
- You may have an overdue or recalled book
- There may be a problem with your patron record
- You may be trying to renew an Interlibrary Loan book. Please log in to your ILL account to renew an ILL book
If you are unable to renew your books online and need help understanding the explanation that our renewal system has provided, please contact us at 312-503-8422 or email us.