Software and Hardware
Ten computers with GIS software applications are available in the Gov Info unit reference room.
- The workstations are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Please provide your own storage media (external hard-drives, such as flash drives).
- The computers also come with a CD & DVD burner/writer.
- Do not store data or projects on the computer hard drives as anything saved on them may be deleted.
Printers, Plotters and Scanners
Available at Gov Info
- Black & White printer (HP Laserjet 4200) for reqular letter size (8 1/2" x 11") printing.
- Color printer (HP color LaserJet 2500) for reqular letter size (8 1/2" x 11") printting.
- Large format color plotter available in the Information Commons - Read our plotter user guide for more information
- Epson GT15000 Flatbed 11" x 17" scanner
- Contex HD Ultra i4250s Color Scanner (max width 42") for large format materials - Read our Scanning Guide for more information
We have a large-format copier, Océ 7056, that is able to produce black and white copies up to 36" wide, which is suitable for copying maps. We charge $1.50 per sheet - and accept cash only.
Our workstations are equipped with popular GIS software by ESRI; the latest version of ArcGIS, four popular extensions to ArcGIS and ArcView 3.1. Other popular free GIS applications are also available.
- ESRI ArcGIS 10.2
Probably the most popular desktop GIS in the U.S. This latest ArcGIS Desktop gives you the power to manage and integrate your data, perform advanced analysis, model and automate operational processes, and display your results on professional-quality maps. We also have ESRI Data & Maps which includes global GIS dataset as well as comprehensive street data for North America (perfect for geocoding.)
- ESRI ArcGIS Extensions
3D Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst, Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst