Second Floor, South Tower
Occupancy: Seats 67 people
Description: The Forum Room has fixed seats with tablet writing arms.
Scheduling: The Forum Room is available to members of the Northwestern community for computer and multimedia presentations and other special programs. It is not available for use as a regularly scheduled classroom or for events that do not require the use of audio-visual or computer equipment at each session. Multimedia Center facilities are not to be used for events for which an admission is charged or for which attendees are compensated.
1) Computer projection and laserdisc screenings must be reserved at the time of room scheduling.
2) It is helpful if you indicate what media you need for your reservation (VHS, DVD, or computer projection).
3) Beverages are allowed in the Forum Room only if they are in lidded containers. Food is not permitted in the room. There is a student lounge adjacent to the Forum Room where food is permitted and can be consumed. Panel tables (6') are available next to the vending machines and can be set up near the student lounge for drinks and catered food.
To schedule the Forum Room, please contact staff at (847) 491-7770, Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm., or email the department at: email@example.com. The Forum Room may also be scheduled through the Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
Multimedia Center Collections: With the exception of laserdiscs, titles in our collection cannot be reserved with a room reservation. All titles in our collection except laserdiscs may be checked out with a valid NU WildCARD or vaild borrower's card and taken to the Forum Room for screening. Multimedia Center staff will assist faculty in loading media and using the equipment.
Audio Visual Equipment: The Forum Room is equipped with a fixed 7 foot screen. Most of the AV equipment listed below is remotely operated from the presentation desk at the front of the room:
- NTSC, PAL, and multi-format DVD
- 1/2" VHS Videotape
- CD Audio
- LCD ceiling-mounted projector
- Slide Projector
- Overhead Projector
- The Forum Room houses a Dell Optiplex 755 computer in the lower black presentation desk with 2GB of RAM and speed of 2.33 GHz.
- Flash drives are accepted in both the front of the computer, on the presentation desk's flash cable, and on the monitor.
- A wireless keyboard and pointer with a wireless mouse is available for use by reservation.
- The room is equipped with a Sony LCD projector with an Extron interface that can connect to any laptop or desktop computer (PC or Macintosh), that has a standard 15 pin VGA / SVGA monitor adapter. It is recommended that users with current Macintosh laptop models bring their own adaptors.
Computer Software on PC:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- RealPlayer; QuickTime; Windows Media Player
- Adobe Reader
- Cisco WebEx for web-based video conferencing
- Browsers: Internet Explorer; Firefox, Chrome
- 2 Dry white boards at the front of the room.
- Intercom phone connected to the Multimedia Center service counter.
- Lighting controls from the front and back of the room.
- Dolby Surround Sound speaker system.