Seminar Room 3746
Third Floor, South Tower
Occupancy: Seats 16 people
Description: Library Seminar Room #3746 is furnished with one long conference table and moveable chairs. A cabinet in the room houses the equipment listed below.
Scheduling: Seminar Room #3746 is available to members of the Northwestern community for laptop, multimedia presentations and video conferencing. It is not available for use as a regularly scheduled classroom that doees not require the use of this equipment. Multimedia Center facilities are not to be used for events for which an admission is charged or for which attendees are compensated.
Please note: Beverages are allowed in Library Seminar Room #3746 only if they are in containers with lids. Food is not permitted in the room.
To schedule the Seminar Room for audio-visual use, please contact Multimedia Center staff at (847) 491-7770, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., or email the department at:email@example.com. You may also schedule the room through the Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
Multimedia Center Collections: With the exception of laserdiscs and CDs, titles in our collection cannot be reserved with a room reservation. All titles in our collection except laserdiscs may be checked out with a valid NU WildCARD or vaild borrower's card and taken to Seminar Room # 3746 for screening. Upon request, Multimedia Center staff will assist faculty in loading media and using the equipment.
Access to the Room: The Seminar Room is locked at all times. For access, please pick up the intercom telephone on the wall just outside the room and press the "call" button. You will be buzzed into the room. Please do not prop the door open or an alarm will sound after 30 seconds.
- Sharp 52" flat panel display
- 1/2" VHS videotape
- CD audio
Computer Equipment: Seminar Room #3746 houses a resident Dell Optiplex 755 computer with 2GB of RAM and speed of 2.33 GHz.
- For laptop, please provide your own laptop and adaptors, if necessary, to the VGA cable
- Ethernet cable
- Sound cable
- Crestron touch screen for source selection of either the resident computer or a laptop
Computer Software on PC:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- RealPlayer; QuickTime; Windows Media Player
- Voyager modules
- Adobe Reader
- Browsers: Internet Explorer; Firefox, Chrome
Video Conference Equipment / Miscellaneous:
- All of the equipment above, plus:
- Acoustic sound panels
- Crestron touch screen for source selection
- Conference call telephone
- Florescent lighting
- On-campus telephone
- Call-in telephone number for teleconferencing: 847-467-1861
- IP address for the room's Polycom teleconferecing unit: 18.104.22.168