Mitchell Multimedia Center Video Theater
Second Floor, South Tower
Occupancy: Seats 30 people
Description: The Video Theater has movable chairs on wheels with swivel writing arms. The chairs allow easy rearrangement for both standard frontal viewing and break-out groups. There is an ADA compliant lectern at the front of the room for the instructor. The AV equipment is housed in a separate control room.
Scheduling: The Video Theater is available to members of the Northwestern community for computer and multimedia presentations and other special programs. It is not available for use as a regularly scheduled classroom or for events that do not require the use of audio-visual or computer equipment at each session. Multimedia Center facilities are not to be used for events for which an admission is charged or for which attendees are compensated.
1) Laserdisc screenings must be reserved at the time of room scheduling.
2) It is helpful if you indicate what media you will need for your reservation.
3) At time of room scheduling, please indicate if you will be using the ADA features of the lectern during presentation.
4) Beverages are allowed in the Video Theater only if they are in containers with lids. Food is not permitted in the room. There is a student lounge adjacent to the Video Theater where food is permitted and can be consumed. Panel tables (6') are available by request and can be set up near the student lounge for drinks and food.
To Schedule the Video Theater, please contact staff at (847) 491-7770, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., or email the department at: email@example.com. The Video Theater may also be scheduled through the Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
Multimedia Center Collections: With the exception of laserdiscs, titles in our collection cannot be reserved with a room reservation. All titles in our collection except laserdiscs may be checked out with a valid NU WildCARD or valid borrower's card and taken to the Video Theater for screening. Multimedia Center staff will assist faculty in loading media and using the equipment.
Audio Visual Equipment: All AV equipment is controlled from a touchscreen on an ADA compliant lectern at the front of the room.
- 90" Sharp Aquos liquid crystal flat screen television (1080p; HDTV; HDMI; 3D)
- Blu-ray and multi-region DVD deck
- 1/2" VHS deck
- JBL Control 28 stereo speakers
- Slide projector (by request)
- Overhead projector (by request)
Computer Equipment: The Video Theater's computer equipment is housed at the lectern.
- Dell Optiplex 7010 computer; 64 bit; 16GB of RAM; speed of 3.40 GHz; SSD drive
- Smart Podium interactive pen display
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Flash drives are accepted in both the front of the PC located inside the lectern, and on the Smart Podium interactive pen display
- The lectern has HDMI cabling, plus Extron cabling that can connect to any laptop or desktop computer (PC or Macintosh), that has a standard 15 pin VGA/SVGA monitor adapter. It is recommended that users with current Macintosh laptop models bring their own adaptors.
Computer Software on PC:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Smart Podium interactive pen display software: Pen & Touch with 80 Touch Points
- RealPlayer; QuickTime; Windows Media Player
- Voyager modules
- Adobe Reader
- Cisco WebEx for web-based video conferencing
- Browsers: Internet Explorer; Firefox, Chrome
- Mobile white board
- Landline telephone jack for telephone conferencing
- Intercom phone connected to the Multimedia Center service counter
- Incandescent and fluorescent lighting controls from the front of the room