Seeley G. Mudd Library
Quick Service Links
- Group study rooms on the second floor of Mudd Library may be reserved locally or online for up to three hours for student groups of 4 or more (10 or more if booking Room 231). Reservations booked for longer than three hours may be changed by the library. Double booking or reservation for office hours is not allowed and will be canceled. FOOD and DRINK ARE NOT ALLOWED in the study rooms.
- Online resources: databases and full-text journals/books in science and engineering
- Course Reserves: place course reserve request online (print form also available in the library)
- Ask a Librarian: send your questions to a Mudd Library librarian
- Make a suggestion to the library
- Request materials from non-Northwestern libraries at Interlibrary Loan
About the Mudd Library
Seeley G. Mudd Library (aka Tech Library), located on 2233 Tech Drive, contains over 345,000 books and bound journal volumes covering fields of science and engineering and subscribes to many journals in electronic or print format. Access to online resources is provided by the Astrahan Electronic Information Center, which includes public workstations, printers, laptop connections, and wireless network access.
In addition there are two other science and technical libraries on the Evanston campus covering materials in specific disciplines: the Transportation Library (located on 1970 Campus Drive) and the Mathematics Library (located in Lunt Hall). The Northwestern University Galter Health Sciences Library is located on the Chicago campus.