In many ways, the Chicago O’Hare International Airport is much more than a destination. Throughout its history, travelers, visitors and citizens of the Chicago-area - and the world - have in their own fashion claimed or become a part of this shared history. Here are some examples of what people have done with O’Hare.
- Some examples of vintage films: this 1965 gem shows propeller and jet airplanes on the tarmac, as well as, people on the outside terrace. A 1971 film shows an expansive view of the airport from the control tower.
- This more recent video taken from within an airplane as it is landing (which is totally illegal!) shows a seldom viewed perspective for most passengers.
- From the O’Hare X-Files we have the 2006 radar and audio recording of a reported UFO sighted by a pilot on the air and discussed with the air traffic controller.
- What was probably an average night at O’Hare looks chaotic on this 2012 time-lapse video.
- For something completely different, here is a list of movies in which O’Hare make cameo appearances.
- Have you ever wondered in how many Marvel Comics issues have O’Hare been part of the plot? Well, we have and you can now find the answer here.
- For those who really want to show their love, how about some ORD stickers?
- We all have heard them live, but now you can take them home! How about an O’Hare Main Terminal sound effects recording?
- And for the real aficionado, his/her own copy of blog entries and analysis the 2006 UFO incident.
- Are you in the need of freely downloadable O’Hare digital images? These may be obtained from Wikimedia Commons.
- A set of 12 vintage (1962) O’Hare digital postcards are available from this site. The best part: you can add your own message and email them!
- This being an academic institution, there has to be a quiz! So, test your O’Hare knowledge by taking this Chicago Tribune sponsored trivia quiz.
|Leave a Comment||Transportation Library