Ver Steeg Faculty Lounge
Location: Main Library, Third Floor, South Tower
Scheduling: The Ver Steeg Faculty Lounge is available during hours the Library is open to members of the Northwestern University faculty, administration, and Library staff for special receptions and other formal social events.
The Ver Steeg Lounge may not be scheduled by students or used for events attended primarily by students (either graduate or undergraduate). Under University Policy, the Ver Steeg Lounge also cannot be used for political events involving fund-raising or planning or participating in a political campaign.
To schedule the Ver Steeg Lounge, please contact Mary Bradley, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. at 491-7640 or at email@example.com. The Ver Steeg Lounge is also available for scheduling through Meeting Maker.
Occupancy: Seats 41 people; standing room for 100 people.
Description: The Ver Steeg Faculty Lounge has movable sectional couches and chairs. The lounge is carpeted and has incandescent lighting. It is equipped with a small kitchen with a stove and refrigerator. The lounge is accessible to people with disabilities. Restrooms are also available within the lounge.
Audio Visual Equipment: None. The Ver Steeg Lounge is not intended for events that require the use of audio visual equipment. Lighting conditions in the room during daylight hours make it difficult to see slides or overhead transparencies. Users who require audio visual equipment in the Ver Steeg Lounge must make their own arrangements. AV equipment is available through Norris Sound and Sight Services at 491-2335.
Computer Equipment: None.
Networking: Ethernet connection.
Special Regulations for Use of the Ver Steeg Lounge:
- Attendance at special events must be by personal invitation only and is limited to a maximum of 100 people. Open invitiations may not be issued in the public news media, including The Daily Northwestern.
- Sponsors are responsible for providing all food, table service, and utensils.
- Sponsors serving alcoholic beverages are responsible for complying with all state and local regulations.
- Delivery of food, beverages and AV equipment must be made to the Receiving Room of the Library between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday only. Items must be moved from the Receiving Room to the Ver Steeg Faculty Lounge during the same hours.
- Library staff is not able to provide any service for events, i.e. delivery or preparation of refreshments, cleaning up after an event, or assistance to caterers.
- No additional furniture may be brought into the Lounge without clearance from Library Facilities Management.
- Sponsors of events are responsible for the appropriate use of the Lounge and for the good condition of the room following the event. All service and food must be removed and waste collected. Care should be taken to protect wooden table tops from beverages and foods.