Many items from our collections have been digitized. Explore them online.
- 16th- Early 20th Century Maps of Africa
Digital copies of 113 antique maps of Africa and accompanying text
- Justine Cordwell Collection
Images of textiles, architecture, pottery, metalwork and other art, as well as people going about their daily business.
- Depictions of Africa in French Humour Magazines
Early European caricatures and depictions of Africa and Africans in French periodicals
- Herskovits Library of African Studies Audio Collection
Interviews with writers, short stories, and more
- Ifeoma Onyefulu: Photographs
Primarily portraits, mostly of women, taken in the 1990s
- Vernon McKay Photographs
Images of African daily life date from the mid-20th century
- Photographs of Zanzibar
21 black and white photographs from the 19th century taken by C.S. de Joux.
- Africana Posters
Approx. 600 examples from our growing collection of over 4000 Africana posters
- Winterton Collection of East African Photographs
Documenting the African colonial era to the dawn of independence