Distance Learning Services
The Libraries offer a variety of services to meet the research needs of both students and faculty in Northwestern's distance learning courses.
Online research support
Research consultations and instruction
We provide opportunities for individual and group research assistance, instruction, and consultation via telephone, email, and web conferencing software. Contact Tracy Coyne to schedule a consultation.
Article and book delivery
Off-campus patrons, outside the Chicago Metropolitan area, can request books to be delivered to their home address via Interlibrary loan. Articles and book chapters are delivered electronically. A Northwestern NetID is required to use this system.
- Sign-in to Interlibrary loan using your NetID and password
- Register for an account using your home address where the items will be delivered
- Select "Distance Education Student" in the Status drop-down box
- Select "Other" in the Department drop-down box
- Begin requesting items
Visit the Interlibrary loan pages more information about document delivery services for the off-campus NU community.
Services for faculty
- Instruction: We offer virtual instruction sessions to introduce students to library resources and services that can be used remotely
- Online learning tools: We will collaborate with faculty and the SPS Office of Distance Learning to create instructional tools and embedded resources within Canvas
- Course eReserves: We will provide access to digital resources, such as book chapters and journal articles, within your course site in Canvas. For instructions and help, visit the Reserve Information for Faculty page