New Site, New Features
Welcome to Northwestern University Library's new website. Launched on August 31, this new site features a user-centered design and improved navigation with a focus on user services and resources. Our goal was to make it easier for patrons to find the resources and services they use most often.
The most notable feature of the site is the new unified search engine which is a one-stop solution for the discovery and delivery of local and remote print, electronic and digital resources. This discovery tool is currently operating in BETA mode. Presently, the search includes the following resources:
In the near future, other resources will be added including:
Other new features of the site include:
- Event calendar to help patrons find library events for students, workshops, lectures, and exhibits as well as the academic calendar.
- Easy-to-find library hours
- Expanded "Services" menu. Links to the most popular services are now listed more prominently in a consolidated "Services" menu. This one-stop-shopping menu represents services from across the library. The Library continues to offer all the same services to our patrons, but their location on the website may be new.
- Consolidated listing of Library news and departmental blogs
Despite all the changes, you still have direct access to many resources including:
- Library catalog (NUcat)
- Lists of databases and journals
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research consultations
- Research guides
More than ever we welcome your feedback on our website and your experience using the new unified search engine. Click here for our website feedback form.