Binge Drinking on College Campuses
Did you know? In the past month……
- 58.7% ( about 3 million students) used alcohol.
- 40% (about 2 million students) used alcohol above the binge level.
- 16.6% (about 900 thousand students) are heavily alcohol-drinkers.
College presidents agree that binge drinking is the most serious problem on campus. 44% of students attending 4-year colleges drink alcohol at the binge level or greater. Binge Drinking: concentration (BAC) to 0.08 or above. For a typical adult, this pattern corresponds to consuming 5 or more drinks (male), or 4 or more drinks (female), in about 2 hours.
- Full report "A Call to Action: Changing the Culture of Drinking at U.S. Colleges"
- Read this month's Tissue Issue.