Seeley G. Mudd Library Bulletin Board Policy:
The Mudd Library bulletin board, located next to the entrance, serves as a place to post campus announcements and other events of interest to the Northwestern community.
The Mudd Library staff and student assistants have responsibility for monitoring and maintaining the material posted on the bulletin board. Groups and individuals who wish to post information should present their poster to the person at the service desk. Only one copy of each poster or flyer is permitted. Designated Mudd Library staff will review materials, and if they meet the bulletin board criteria, they will be stamped, dated, and posted by a staff member. All posted material will be removed the day after the advertised event or after a total of two weeks, if the flyer does not announce a date-specific special event. All unauthorized postings will be removed immediately.
Appropriate bulletin board materials and announcements may be defined as the following:
1. Scholarships and study abroad programs, not limited to those associated with Northwestern University
2. Research studies taking place on Northwestern University’s campuses
3. University programs, defined as any event taking place on Northwestern University’s campus
4. Cultural events taking place on Northwestern University’s campuses
5. Sporting activities on Northwestern University’s campuses or in Evanston
6. Rummage sales in which the proceeds benefit Northwestern University
7. Posters for Northwestern Associated Student Government campaigns, one per ticket, may be posted two weeks before the election.
8. Any library program, not limited to Northwestern University Library
9. Open library positions (announcements for other jobs should be posted at Norris Student Center), not limited to Northwestern University Library