FAQ - Staff (Exempt and Non-Exempt)
Who is a Non-Librarian?
- Exempt Staff - employees whose responsibilities are primarily executive, managerial, or administrative, or whose positions require an advanced educational degree or knowledge and experience in a field considered professional. These positions are paid monthly and are exempt from the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) that mandate overtime pay for time worked in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Non-Exempt Staff - employees holding positions in support activities. Employees in these jobs are not exempt from the Federal labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime provisions and they are paid by the hours and are paid 1½ times their regular pay rate for hours worked in excess of 40 in a week. (source - Human Resources Staff Handbook
What happens when my application is received?
- An electronic e-mail response is submitted by the Human Resources department.
- When a candidate has been selected by the hiring department for an interview an e-mail will be submitted by the Library Personnel Office.
How will I know if I've been selected an interview?
- Selections are done by the hiring department, once the selection has been made and e-mail is sent by the hiring supervisor or the Library Personnel Office.