Checklist for Hiring Managers
New Employee (Staff Exempt and Non-Exempt) Onboarding Checklist
- This checklist is
- designed to assist with the department’s orientation process.
- organized chronologically and helps hiring managers prepare for the arrival of new employees
- Onboarding is a long-term process that begins before an employee’s start date and continues for at least six months.
- Once an employee starts, he/she can work together with the hiring manager and an onboarding peer* to complete the checklist.
- The hiring manager may add additional activities that are relevant to the new employee’s area. Internal transfer employees may omit items that are not applicable.