The User Experience Department (UXD) implements programs and services to support improved library experiences for all users, including:
- Utilizing a variety of assessment strategies to make sure that library services meet the needs of the Northwestern community.
- Developing customized programs and services to support the undergraduate curriculum.
- Managing two prominent library spaces, the Information Commons and Core, and seeking to ensure that all our public spaces are adaptable, attractive, comfortable, and secure.
- Identifing and promoting the use of new and innovative technologies, and working to ensure that adopted technologies are functional, efficient, and intuitive.
- Supporting successful information-seeking and lifelong learning among students and alumni through the development and support of inventive and effective approaches to user education, and by actively engaging with campus programs that support civic engagement, career development, and extracurricular opportunities.
Charlotte Cubbage , Learning Services Librarian
Chris Davidson , Outreach & Community Services Librarian
John Hernandez , Web & Mobile Services Librarian
Jason Kruse , Undergraduate Services Librarian
Emily Morrison , Departmental Asssistant
Jeanette Moss , User Education Librarian
Erik Ponder , User Spaces Evening Supervisor
Devin Savage , Assessment Librarian
Anne Marie Sticksel , User Spaces Coordinator
Geoff Swindells , Department Head; Library Ombudsman