What is the selection process?
- To broaden the personnel decision-making process, NUL has adopted a consultative model of selection for librarian recruitments.
- The key element in the selection process is the search committee. It provides for a broad range of opinion and objective consideration of applicants' qualifications, as well as participation by interested constituencies within the Library and the Northwestern University community.
- Finalists recommended by the search committee are usually invited for an in person interview, which provides candidates with the opportunity to meet and interact with a variety of library staff and gives the candidate a clearer view of the institution.
- Librarian appointments are made by the University Librarian, based on the recommendations of the search committee, the supervisor of the position, and others.
- These appointments are subject to approval by the Provost.
What happens when my resume/curriculum vitae is received?
- An acknowledgement letter is e-mailed
- An Equal Employment Opportunity electronic form is e-mailed
- An interview is scheduled once a selection has been made by the Search Committee
- Applicants not chosen for the position are notified
Return to Librarian Position Info