The following materials circulate:
- Dewey classified monographs with NUcat records
- U.S. Federal monographs with records already in NUCat
- CD-ROMS/diskettes housed in the cabinets.
- "In Process" monographs but ONLY after they have been fully catalogued.
The following materials do NOT circulate:
- CD-ROMS/diskettes in the CD racks on top of the cabinets
- Serials and periodicals including Annuals
- Monographs (both Dewey and SuDocs classified) without Voyager records or those considered rare or fragile.
- Volumes of the U.S. Serial Set
- Reference Room, Supplementary Reference, and Legal Materials
- Census items
- Pamphlets - If an item is four or fewer copied pages, staff will provide a photocopy for the patron.
- Rare items
- Maps - With the availability of an oversize copier, maps are normally a non-circulating resource. Exceptions are made at the discretion of the maps librarian (or in her absence, the head of the dept). These may include maps too large for the copier, the user desires a color copy, or the user is a professor or lecturer and requires a large map to display in a class. Rare and/or brittle maps do not circulate under any circumstance