Digitized Newspapers, Journals, and Other Publications
Multimedia (audio and video)
To view or listen to the following files, you may need Quicktime , RealPlayer , or other multimedia players.
- Dedication of the Lakefill, WNUR reports on Adlai Stevenson's speech, October 7, 1964 - Approx. 74 minutes: Part One , Part Two , Part Three (RealAudio)
- Deering Library dedication , December 29, 1932 (Video: RealPlayer)
- Wildcats Football Films
- How the Wildcats Got their Name (Video: Quicktime/iPod compatible)
- Leigh Bienen on the Leopold and Loeb murder , Approx. 12 minutes (mp3)
- Douglas MacArthur visits Evanston , WNMP - Approx. 33 minutes (RealAudio)
- Northwestern Answers Selma, April 1965 - Approx. 88 minutes: Part One , Part Two , Part Three (RealAudio)
- Northwestern's Life Savers (Video: Quicktime/iPod compatible)
- Northwestern University Basketball Films, 1956 - 1959: The Joe Ruklick Collection
- The Shakespeare Garden (Video: Quicktime/iPod compatible)
- Story of O' (Video: Quicktime/iPod compatible)
- To Lhasa in Disguise , Prof. William McGovern, 1924 (Video: Approx. 25 minutes.)
- James Turner speaking on the Bursar's Office Sit-In, May 9, 1968; Approx. 100 minutes: Part One , Part Two , Part Three (RealAudio)
- US Naval Reserves Midshipmen's School : three films documenting the Midshipmen's School that was run through NU from 1940-1945. The silent color films, shot by Lieutenant L. A. Wheeler, show the trainees in a variety of drills and exercises. The first shows drills on land . The second film includes an extended segment of a training cruise onboard the USS Wilmette. The third film, shot by Herbert H. Sadler in 1942, depicts a formal but brief Captain's inspection that took place at Abbott Hall on the University's Chicago Campus.
- Wildcats Basketball: NU v Iowa, Feb 24, 1964 . Watch Rich Falk score 49 points as NU wins 98-76.