Type of Article:
Here is a final selection of new materials added to the Art Collection in the Winter Term. We will return with many more new books in the Spring.
- Insuring the city : the Prudential Center and the postwar urban landscape by Elihu Rubin. Call number 725.23097R896i.
- Beyond the aesthetic and the anti-aesthetic, edited by James Elkins and Harper Montgomery. Call number 701.17B573
- A violent embrace : art and aesthetics after representation by Renée C. Hoogland. 701.17H779
- King’s College Chapel. Published by Cambridge for the College by Jarrold, Norwich. Call number 378.42659K55.
- Detroit 1968. Photographs by Enrico Natali, with an essay by Mark Binelli. Call number L779.2092N272d.
- Fabric of enchantment : batik from the north coast of Java : from the Inger McCabe Elliott collection at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Call number L746.662L879f.
- Richly woven traditions : costumes of the Miao of southwest China and beyond. Exhibition October 24, 1987 through January 3, 1988, China House Gallery, China Institute in America. Call number L391.95942R531.
- Visions of paradise : installations by Vito Acconci, David Ireland, and James Surls. March 24 through April 29, 1984, Hayden Gallery and MIT Campus, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Call number L709.22A172v
- Spectacular miracles : transforming images in Italy, from the Renaissance to the present by Jane Garnett and Gervase Rosser. Call number 701.15094G235s
- Graphic design, San Francisco. Compiled by the Institute of Graphic Designers. Call number L741.60974G766
- Japanese toys : playing with history. Photographs by Kiyosche Sonobe, original text by Charles A. Pomeroy. Call number 745.5P785j.
- The architecture of pleasure : British amusement parks 1900-1939. By Josephine Kane as part of the Ashgate studies in architecture series. Call number 725.76K16a.
- Heeding the voice of Heaven : stories from Genesis to Revelation / envisioned by Sadao Watanabe. Edited by Gregg Hertzlieb and curated by Richard H. W. Brauer. Call number L769.952W324Z.
- Marcel Duchamp : artiste androgyne by Yiannis Toumazis. Call number 759.4D826Zto.
- Jean Patou : a fashionable life. By Emmanuelle Polle with photographs by Francis Hammond. Call number L746.92092P313Zpx.