- Book drops are located on either side of the Circulation Services Department desk.
- Most libraries provide an after-hours outside book drop, which are open year round (except for Schaffner and the Mudd LIbrary).
- A drive-up book drop is located just North of Locy Hall in the Fisk Hall parking lot. This drop is emptied once daily Monday through Friday. Patrons are urged to return time-sensitive materials directly to the library.
- Receipts for materials returned in person may be requested at time of return, if returned directly to a staff member at the Circulation Desk. Receipts will be sent to patrons by via email.
- Books from most NU library locations (including books from Law, Schaffner, Galter Health Sciences, Mudd, and Math) may be returned at the Main Circulation Desk.
- Books may be returned by mail (including intercampus mail), but will not be removed from the patron's record until the date they are received. Patrons are responsible for any associated late fees.
Please address returns to:
NU Main Library
1970 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208