Northwestern workshop handouts, guides and presentation slides
- Scholarly Communication libguide : copyright, author's rights, open access, open access fund, self-archiving, data management, peer review, and collaboration
- Copyright and your research . Claire Stewart, 2012
- Copyright in ten minutes or less . Claire Stewart, 2011-2012
- Useful sites for Copyright, Fair Use and Intellectual Property (pdf) . Charlotte Cubbage, Fall 2007
- Fair use for nonprint, Digital Rights Management and Authors rights (pdf) . Claire Stewart, Fall 2007
Helpful copyright sites
- Codes of best practice in fair use:
- Code of best practice in fair use for media literacy education , Center for Social Media, American University
- Documentary filmmakers' statement of best practices in fair use , Center for Social Media, American University
- Code of best practices in fair use for online video , Center for Social Media, American University
- Code of best practices in fair use for poetry , Center for Social Media, American University
- Code of best practices in fair use for OpenCourseWare
- Code of best practices in fair use for scholarly research in communication , Center for Social Media, American University
- Code of best practices in fair use of dance-related materials , Dance Heritage Coalition
- Statement of fair use best practices for media studies publishing and Statement of best practices for fair use in teaching for film and media educators , Society for Cinema and Media Studies
- Code of best practices in fair use for academic and research libraries , Association of Research Libraries and Center for Social Media, American University
- Full text of the United States Copyright Law, from the United States Copyright Office
- Copyright term and the public domain in the United States . Chart developed by Peter Hirtle at Cornell University. Helps determine whether or not a work is still protected by copyright.
- Know your Copy Rights . Resources for teaching faculty from the Association of Research Libraries.
- Learn more about Creative Commons
- Copyright Crash Course . Introduction to copyright from the University of Texas.