A Northwestern NetID is required to access secure University resources. Anyone with a Northwestern NetID should be using the "Northwestern" wireless network. One-day access to Library resources can be granted by visiting a Library service desk to get a temporary NetID.
Guest NetIDs work on all public computers except those in the John P. McGowan Information Commons. They are valid for 24 hours.
Main & Deering Libraries:
Guest IDs can be requested from service desks in the following locations:
- Africana Collection - Melville J. Herskovits Library of African Studies(Level 5, East Tower, Main Library)
- Art Collection (Level 3, Deering Library)
- John P. McGowan Information Commons (Level 1, Main Library)
- Special Collections - Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections (Level 3, Deering Library)
- Transportation Library (Level 5, North Tower, Main Library)
Other Evanston Libraries:
- Science & Engineering Library - Seeley G. Mudd Library (2233 Tech Drive) - Guest IDs only issued during Summer and Intersessions
- Schaffner Library (Wieboldt Hall)