Circulation Renewals Policy
Borrowers who wish to keep an item past its original due date may renew it using one of the following methods:
- online at any time by logging into NUcat’s “My Account” service;
- in person by presenting the book, its due date slip and your WildCARD or library borrowing card; or
- at a self-service checkout station.
The library does not accept telephone, fax, or e-mail renewal requests.
NOTE: Items may always be renewed or checked out again on a new loan in person unless they have been requested by another user, but a limited number of consecutive renewals are allowed:
- A maximum of three consecutive renewals are allowed for borrowers with 12-week or 4-week loan periods.
- A maximum of two consecutive renewals are allowed for borrowers with one-year loan periods.
When an item’s consecutive renewal limit is reached, or if at any time a patron wants to reset the number of available renewals on an item to the maximum amount, the patron must bring the item to the Circulation Desk and request a new loan, rather than a renewal.