About the Digital Media Lab
Digital Collections Department staff offer training and assistance to faculty and graduate students to help them get started on a digital project. We offer training for slide and image scanning, video digitization, audio recording/editing, text scanning, and basic video editing. In depth training is available by appointment only.
To make an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call (847) 467-1080. The lab is open M-F, 9:30AM to 5PM.
- Epson 1640 XL with 11"x17" flatbed
- Fujitsu 630c with document feeder
- JVC DVD/VCR recorder
- Nikon SuperCoolScan 4000 (slide/film/negative scanner)
- Numark USB turntable
- Panasonic DV/Mini-DV deck - DVCR 1
- Panasonic DVD recorder/VCR with 80 GB hard drive.
- Pioneer DVD/Divx player
- Sony DV hardware codec converter
- Scanner - Expression 1640XL Epson Flatbed 12 x 17" with transparency adapter
- TapeLink USB Alesis Cassette Deck
- Adobe Premiere CS6
- Adobe Flash CS6
- Final Cut Pro
- iMovie '09
- Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Adobe InDesign CS6
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Silverfast AI
- Adobe Soundbooth CS6
- Soundtrack Pro
Document Scanning / OCR
- ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional Edition
- OmniPage Professional 17
- DVD Studio Pro
- Toast 8 Titanium
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
Digital Collections Recording Room
The Digital Collections Recording Room is now available to Northwestern University faculty, staff, and graduate students.
The Recording Room includes a VocalBooth designed for voice-overs, podcasts, presentation narration and conducting interviews. The room can also be used for video post-production work.
The VocalBooth is equipped with a high-quality condenser microphone fed outside of the booth into a digital mixer. The mixer is connected via firewire to a Mac Pro workstation set up with Apple Soundtrack Pro, Adobe Soundbooth CS6, Garageband, Audacity, and Screenflow.
To make a reservation, send us an email or call (847) 467-1080.