Media Start & Stop
"Start and Stop Media for Instructor" is a service involving Multimedia staff starting and stopping a video title for a class session the instructor cannot attend.
Faculty members, instructors, or teaching assistants should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request the service. Requests are also taken via phone by asking to speak to full-time Multimedia Center staff, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at (847) 491-7770.
"Start and Stop" screenings:
- Are held in one of the Multimedia Center's 3 group viewing rooms (the Video Theater, the Forum Room, or Seminar Room #3746)
- Begin exactly at the time of the reservation whether or not students are present or on time
- Are requested by faculty or teaching assistants
- Never include Multimedia staff taking class attendance
- Are best requested at least 10 business days in advance of the screening date, to help ensure that we can make available the title that is wanted for the screening
For "Start and Stop" screenings, videos can be an instructor's personal copy, or a copy from the Multimedia Center's collection. The instructor is responsible for getting personal copies to the Multimedia Center before the screening.
Any title from the Multimedia Center's collection that is requested for a "Start and Stop" screening will automatically be placed at Main Reserve, located at the Main Circulation desk on level 1 of the library, from the time that Multimedia staff process the request until the end of the academic quarter. Multimedia staff will retrieve titles to be screened from Reserve before "Start and Stop" reservations, and will return them to Reserve afterwards.