Media Start & Stop
"Start and Stop Media for Instructor" is a service involving Multimedia staff starting and stopping a video title for a class session the instructor cannot attend.
Faculty members, instructors, or teaching assistants should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request the service. Requests are also taken via phone by asking to speak to full-time Multimedia Center staff, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at (847) 491-7770.
"Start and Stop" screenings:
- Are held in one of the Multimedia Center's 3 group viewing rooms (the Video Theater, the Forum Room, or Seminar Room #3746)
- Begin exactly at the time of the reservation whether or not students are present or on time.
- Are requested by faculty or teaching assistants
- Never include Multimedia staff taking class attendance
- Can be requested at least 10 business days in advance of the screening date
For "Start and Stop" screenings, videos can be an instructor's personal copy, held in the Multimedia Center's collection, or a title shelved temporarily at Main Reserve. The instructor is responsible for getting personal copies to Multimedia before the screening.
Policy for videos held in Multimedia
Once a video is processed for "Start and Stop" it will not be available for check out to any patron to screen the title including the instructor or members of the instructor's class. This is to ensure that the title will be available for the screening. Multimedia Center staff will arrange to have each video title available for each screening, as long as enough notice of the screening date has been provided, and as long as no other patron has the title checked out and keeps it past its due date. After a screening, each video is returned to the Multimedia Center's collection and available for checkout to any University Library patron.
Policy for videos held at Main Reserve
If you are an instructor planning on making a video title that you would like to screen as a "Start and Stop" available to your class on Reserve in the Main Library, please note:
- You are, or your designee is, responsible for checking out the video from Reserve and delivering it to Multimedia for the screening.
- Since any library patron can check out Reserve materials (not just the students in a particular class), you should check out the needed video from Reserve at least 1 business day before the scheduled screening. This is done by arranging for an extended loan period with full-time Reserve staff during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- You are, or your designee is, responsible for returning the video to Reserve after the screening.
To request Multimedia Center titles be put on Reserve, or to inquire about extended loan periods for Reserve items for "Start and Stop" screenings, please email email@example.com any time, or call (847) 491-7770, Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.