Multimedia Group Viewing
Group viewing rooms can be scheduled only by faculty, staff, and verified teaching assistants (TAs) for use by Northwestern classes and groups. Detailed information is listed below.
- Forum Room has a video and computer LCD projection system, and seats 67 people in fixed seating.
- Video Theater accommodates 30 people with movable seating. It has video and computer projection through a 90" flat panel HDMI display.
- Seminar Room #3746 is equipped with a 52" color flat panel display. The room seats 16 at a large conference table for viewing and discussion.
Group viewing rooms may be reserved in advance by contacting Multimedia Center staff Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling (847) 491-7770, or by emailing the department at: email@example.com.
- The Multimedia Center is currently equipped to play 1/2" VHS (all standards: NTSC, PAL, SECAM), Digital Video Disc (multi-region Blu-ray which scales down to standard DVD, and laserdiscs. It is helpful if you indicate what media you will need when making your reservation.
- Laserdisc screenings must be reserved at the time of room scheduling.
- "Start and Stop Media for Instructor," which are requests for screening titles without an instructor present, must be made by faculty or verified teaching assistants to full-time staff members during regular Multimedia Center business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and up to 10 business days in advance. Once the request is made, the title requested for a "start and stop" will not be available for check out to any other patron, including the instructor's own students. Faculty who have placed items from the Multimedia Center's collection on Main Reserve are responsible for checking out items from Reserve and delivering them to Multimedia for the "start and stop" screening service.
- All other titles in our collection may be checked out with a valid NU WildCARD or vaild borrower's card and can be taken to a group viewing room for screening. Multimedia Center staff are available during business hours to assist with equipment setup and use.
- Beverages are allowed in the Multimedia Center's group viewing rooms only if they are in containers with lids. Food is not permitted in the rooms. There is a student lounge adjacent to the Forum Room and the Video Theater on the 2nd floor, South Tower, where food is permitted and can be consumed. Panel tables (6') are available by request and can be set up near the student lounge for drinks and catered food.