OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
This program allows faculty members from participating institutions to gain borrowing privileges and on-site access to the collections of some of the most important research libraries in North America.
Full-time faculty based on the main campus of the participating institution. The home institution determines who is eligible for a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card.
Click here for a list of institutions participating in the OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program.
Full-Time Northwestern University Faculty
Full-time faculty from Northwestern University who plan to visit an institution participating in the reciprocal borrowing program and wish to gain access and/or check out materials from that library must first stop by the Circulation Desk in the NU Main Library to obtain a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card. The NU faculty member will then need to present this card along with their WildCARD to staff in the Library Privileges Office or Circulation Department of the participating institution. The lending library determines whether the card will be accepted for on-site use and/or borrowing.
It is the responsibility of NU faculty members to:
- Present identification when requesting a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card from the home library and show that card, along with other required identification, when borrowing materials from another library.
- Observe the regulations of the lending library.
- Return materials in person, or by mail, within the loan period prescribed by the lending library.
- Return materials immediately, in person or by express mail, if recalled by the lending library.
- Pay any and all fines or other charges incurred due to late return of materials or damage to materials.
Visiting Faculty from Other OCLC Program Institutions
Northwestern University Library offers access and borrowing privileges to faculty from institutions participating in the OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program. Please check the list of participants in the OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program to determine if your institution is a participant in the program:
Faculty from participating institutions should contact their local university library to obtain an OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card. Bring this card, your valid university ID and a current photo ID (if your university ID does not have a photo) to the Main Library Circulation Desk. Staff will verify your status and provide you with a borrower's card. The card is good for access to NU libraries as well as borrowing privileges (4-week loan period).
Please note: This program does not include access or borrowing at the Galter Health Sciences Library, Pritzker Legal Research Center or Garrett Evangelical and Seabury-Western Seminaries.