Professional Personnel of Evanston Governmental Agencies
Persons who are on the professional staff of an Evanston Governmental agency (i.e. city government administration, Police, Fire Protection, city consultant for education) may apply for a Borrower’s Card*, valid for three months, if they present:
- a letter of request from the proper Evanston city authority that accepts financial responsibility; and
- one piece of ID with a current Chicago metropolitan area address.
Borrower's Cards are issued at the Main Library Circulation Desk.
Professional Personnel of Illinois State and Federal Governmental Agencies
Illinois State and Federal Government employees doing work-related research may apply for a Borrower’s Card*, valid for three months, if they present:
- a letter of request from their organization that accepts financial responsibility;
- one piece of ID with a current Chicago metropolitan area address;
- a $50.00 fee for three months of borrowing privileges; and
- additional documentation may be required, contact the Main Library Circulation Desk at 847-491-7633 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
*Borrower's cards do not grant patrons access to NU Library's online databases, which require the use of a NetID. NUIT assigns NetIDs only to current NU students, faculty, and staff members. Any library guest can request a free temporary NetID (or "day pass") for use on the premises (see the Guest NetIDs page for where to request one).