Printing for Guest Users
Please Note: Guests must use cash for all printing (and photocopying) transactions. Copy/printer cards are no longer used for printing.
To accommodate guest users there are eight printers in the NU libraries with Print Release Stations. Each one has a coin box that accepts both coins and bills. Guests can release print jobs only at these Print Release Stations. Guest cannot release prints at any printer with a cPad touchscreen.
Cost of Printing for Guest Users
Black and white prints - 10 cents per side
Color prints - 25 cents per side
These prices are the same per side whether using the one-sided (simplex) or two-sided (duplex) printing option.
Submit a Print Job to a Queue
While logged onto a library Windows or Mac computer with a guest NetID and password, submit a print job to a queue per the normal operating procedures. You can submit a print job to the black and white queue (BW-DUPLEX) which defaults to two-sided printing, or the color queue (COLOR) which defaults to single-sided. You can change these options as desired.
Using a Print Release Station
- After submitting a print job to a queue go to a printer (black and white or color) with an adjacent Print Release Station.
- BEFORE inserting cash in the coin box, log in using your Guest NetID in the "Username" field and your password in the "Password" field. Then click on the "OK" button.
- When you have successfully logged in, you will see a screen with information about your print jobs.
In the center is a list of your waiting print jobs showing the date, your NetID, the class of printer to which the print job was sent, the name of the document, the number of pages in the document, and the cost of printing the document.
- Add sufficient cash funds to the coin box to cover the cost of your print job(s) in the queue.As you add cash coin box, click on the "Refresh" button to update the funds total.
- To release a print job from the list, click on the "Print" button for the print job.
- To delete a print job from the list, click on the "Cancel" button for the print job, and click on the "Yes" button when prompted.
- To delete all print jobs, click on the "Cancel All" button in the lower right hand corner of the screen, and click on the "Yes" button when prompted.
- When you are finished, click on the "Done" button in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- IMPORTANT: You must click of the "Return" button to get your change . If you click the other button you will lose the funds in the account at the end of the day. All guest account expire daily.
- The coin box will return the appropriate change.
- Pick up your print job(s) from the printer.