Students and instructors can view digitized articles and book chapters in Course Reserve. In addition, they can also view some streaming video or audio in Course Reserve. However, in 2014 the library introduced a new streaming site called Library Media. As a result, some videos or audio tracks may be in Course Reserve and some may be in Library Media until all content is transferred into the Library Media site.
As a rule of thumb, you should look in both Library Media and Course Reserves for your streaming films. New requests will typically be fulfilled through Library Media, while items may appear in Course Reserve if you imported them from a previous course.
To view material in Course Reserve
- Navigate to Course Reserves in Canvas
- Look at the items' status. If the status is "Item Available on Electronic Reserves," like Riverdance below, you can access it now in Course Reserves. (If the status says "View in Library Media Module," like The Great Gatsby below, look further down this page for Library Media instructions.)
- Click on the item title. On the new page, choose "View this item" at the top of the details box.
- If you are on campus (in an office, in the library, etc.), choose the link marked "on-campus buildings." A new window will pop up and start playing the video after a moment. If you are off campus, or if you only see one version of the movie available, choose the link labeled "on or off campus" and make sure you have RealPlayer installed.
If you are looking at requests in Course Reserve, you can tell if an item is available in Library Media when its status says "View in Library Media Module."
- In Canvas, click on the Library Media module in the left-hand menu. It's normally at the bottom of the list, right under Course Reserves.
- This will take you to your course's video and audio collection in our repository.
- Click on the title or image to open the video, and then press the play button. The video will play in the browser wherever you are, with no software needed. If you have any problems, submit a report at the Help link in the upper right of the page.