Article and Chapter Scans
You can request scans of most articles and book chapters held in print in Evanston-campus libraries. University Library provides this service free of charge.
Eligible materials and patrons
Request periodical articles and book chapters held in University Library, Mudd Library and Deering Library.
- If an article is available through an electronic resource subscribed to by the library, a link to the article will be provided rather than a scanned copy of the print item.
- If articles and chapters are needed for courses, they should be requested through Course Reserves.
- Fair use and other applicable copyright law rights and restrictions will be applied to each request.
All members of the Evanston-campus NU community with a valid NetID including faculty, graduate students, undergraduates and staff are eligible for this service. Schaffner and Distance Education patrons are also welcome to use the service.
Galter Health Sciences Library patrons are eligible for that library's document delivery service.
- If resources are limited, we may limit the number of requests per user to 10 articles or book chapters each business day.
- Generally, we will scan one chapter or 10% of a single book for an individual patron with a 50 page maximum.
We attempt to fill all requests on the same day they are received, in the order they are received. If staffing resources are limited or total requests are high, it may take up to 2 business days for requests to be filled. If we are unable to keep this timeframe, we will let you know via email. This service should not be used for materials you need instantly or within a few hours.
For more information, please email email@example.com anytime or call 847-491-7630 during office hours.