Room 3746 is available to members of the Northwestern community for laptop, multimedia presentations and video conferencing. It is not available for use as a regularly scheduled classroom that does not require the use of this equipment, or for events that charge admission.
Room description & equipment
Library Room 3746 is furnished with one long conference table and moveable chairs. A cabinet in the room houses the equipment listed below.
The room is locked at all times. For access, use the intercom telephone on the wall just outside the room. Press the "call" button for the door to be unlocked. If the door is propped open, an alarm will sound after 30 seconds.
Seats 16 people
- Sharp 52" flat panel display
- Multi-format DVD
- 1/2" VHS videotape
- CD audio
Seminar Room 3746 houses a resident Dell Optiplex 7050 computer.
- For laptop, please provide your own laptop and adaptors, if necessary, to the VGA cable
- Crestron touch screen for source selection of either the resident computer or a laptop
Software on Dell Optiplex 790 computer
- Microsoft Windows 10
- RealPlayer; Windows Media Player; and inherent Windows 10 apps
- Adobe Reader
- Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge
- Conference call telephone
- Call-in telephone number for teleconferencing: 847-467-1861
- IP address for the room's Polycom teleconferencing unit: 220.127.116.11
Schedule the room
Contact Mitchell Multimedia Center staff in advance at 847-491-7770 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. You may also schedule the room through the Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
At this time, you should also:
- Reserve laserdisc screenings
- Specify if you will need to videoconference or what format will you need (DVD, VHS or computer projection)