Welcome to Library Personnel
The Library Personnel Office coordinates the hiring process for all available positions in the 32 departments at the Library. Our positions are hourly wage job with available hours ranging from 5 – 20 hours during the school year and 5 – 37.5 hours during the summer. Applications can be submitted for three positions each quarter.
Working at the Library offers a wealth of opportunity from learning the Dewey Decimal System, research methods, data entry, and if skilled to do so help with developing, designing, and installing software.
The available student/temp. positions are at the Main Library, Branch-Off Campus Libraries located on Evanston campus (Mathematics Library and Seeley G. Mudd Library) and on the Chicago Campus (Schaffner Library).
The Library also welcomes students interested in internships as an important aspect of their educational experience. For more information about internship opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Hayes, Personnel Librarian
Florence Heady, Library Personnel Assistant
Carly Mulliken, Personnel Specialist
Phone: (847) 491-7668
When to Apply
Applications can be submitted anytime a position is open and posted on the Library Student Job Listing
webpage. Below is a schedule of when the hiring process begins for each quarter.
Hiring Process begins:
- Fall Quarter (begins New Student week in September)
- Winter Quarter ( begins the second Monday in December)
- Spring Quarter (begins the second Monday in March)
- Summer Quarter (begins the third Monday in May)*
- All interviews are done in person at the Library
- Job postings for fall, winter and spring quarters are for Northwestern University students only
- *Summer quarter job postings are available to Northwestern University students and Non-NU students
- Applications are kept on file for one quarter
How to Apply
2. Click the job title to learn more information about the position (qualifications, salary, expected hours)
3. If you are interested in applying for this job, click “Apply for this Job” on the bottom left hand side of the screen
4. Fill out the application and click “Save.” The application will be sent to the appropriate supervisor for review.
· NOTE: You can only apply for three positions each quarter