Listening Center & Lab
The Listening Center
Located across the lobby from the Music Library Reading Room, the LC contains all of the Music Library's nearly 60,000 CDs, records and tapes. Library users may listen to sound recordings in-house, and CDs are allowed to be checked out for a period of two weeks. See Music Circulation for more details.
For questions or help in using the Listening Center, contact:
Listening Center Assistant
Phone: (847) 467-1461
Located in the Music Library's Listening Center, the Computer Lab is a multi-purpose music-computing environment designed as a workplace for beginning to mid-level music technology projects. Each computer contains an array of software for sequencing, digital audio, notation, computer-aided-instruction and multimedia production.
- 7 Apple iMac computers (2.8 GHz, 8GB ram, 1 TB HD, CD-RW/DVD±RW)
- 4 Dell Optiplex 790 computers (3.1 GHz, 4GB ram, 232 GB HD, CD-RW/DVD-RW)
- 11 M-Audio KeyStudio 49i USB Audio/MIDI keyboard controllers
- 1 HP Scanjet 8200 high resolution scanner
- 1 HP Scanjet 8300 highe resolution scanner
- 1 HP Laserjet 5200dtn printer
Music Lab Guide - Learn how to begin using the notation, sequencing, recording and scanning software the Music Lab offers.
For questions or help in using the Music Lab, contact:
Music Computer Lab Manager
Phone: (847) 491-2885