Renewing Items in NUcat
» Log into NUCAT to Renew Items from Northwestern Libraries
(see below for detailed instructions)
Renew an Interlibrary Loan Item
Access Your Library Account Online
You can request and renew items, keep track of due dates, check the status of items you have requested, access outstanding fine/fee details, and see if there is a block on your account at any time by logging into the "My Account" feature in NUcat.
You may log in to your library account at any time on NUcat by choosing the "My Account" link at the top of the page (outlined in red below):
After you click the "My Account" button, enter the 14-digit barcode from your WildCARD or borrowing card and your last name, then click the "Login" button. To log into an account for a carrel, enter the full carrel number, i.e. 3765-0, instead of your last name.
After logging in, scroll down to the section "Items Checked Out," where you will see a list of the items currently checked out to you, along with their due dates. This is the easiest way to keep track of when you will need to return or renew the items you have checked out.
In order to renew items, simply click the checkboxes next to the items you would like to renew, then click Renew Items.
- If you are unable to log into "My Account" at all, please contact Circulation Services at 847-491-7633 or email@example.com.
- If you are able to log into "My Account," but you do not see checkboxes next to your items, there is a block on your account. Check the "Patron Blocks" section to see if:
- You have an overdue recalled book; and/or
- You have reached or exceeded the maximum allowed fine/fee limit.
- If after attempting to renew the books, you see the message "Not Renewed" after an item:
- You may have reached your consecutive renewal limit*; or
- The book may be requested by another user.
*Borrowers with a one-year loan may renew books consecutively twice; borrowers with a 4-week or 12-week loan may renew books consecutively three times. Once the consecutive renewal limit is reached, the items must be brought to the Circulation Desk. Items may then be checked in and immediately checked out again on a new loan with a fresh renewal cycle, as long as no other user has requested them.