Access Your Library Account Online
You can request and renew items, keep track of due dates, check the status of items you have requested, access outstanding fine/fee details, and see if there is a block on your account at any time by logging into your library account online.
Northwestern Faculty, Staff, & Students
Library users with a NetId may log into their account in NUsearch. Use the "Sign in" link at the top right corner:
Alumni & Other Borrowers
Library users who have a borrowing card but do not have a Netid may log into their account in NUsearch to renew items. Click the "Sign in" link in the top right corner (see above). Select the option for non-Net-ID users. If you have not yet set up your username and password, please contact the Main Circulation Desk at 847-491-7633. If you applied for and received a borrowing card after 7/21/2015 you would have been assigned a username and password as part of the application process.
After logging in, scroll down to the section "Items Checked Out," where you will see a list of the items currently checked out to you, along with their due dates. This is the easiest way to keep track of when you will need to return or renew the items you have checked out.
In order to renew items, simply click the checkboxes next to the items you would like to renew, then click Renew Items.
- If you are unable to log into your library account, please contact Circulation Services at 847-491-7633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are able to log into your account but are unable to renew your items, there may be a block on your account. Check the blockssection to see if:
- You have an overdue recalled book; and/or
- You have reached or exceeded the maximum allowed fine/fee limit of $100.
- If you are able to renew some items but unable to renew others:
- You may have reached your consecutive renewal limit*; or
- The book may be requested by another user.
*Borrowers with an academic term loan have unlimited renewals; borrowers with a 4-week or 12-week loan may renew books consecutively three times. Once the consecutive renewal limit is reached, the items must be brought to the Circulation Desk. Items may then be checked in and immediately checked out again on a new loan with a fresh renewal cycle, as long as no other user has requested them.