Printers and Printing
The Libraries offer many printers, including a large-format color plotter. You can print to them from a library computer, a personal laptop or even from outside the library.
Printing costs and payment
Northwestern users print through NUPrint, a system that processes requests and charges fees to a WildCard. Printing costs for members of the Northwestern community are:
- Two-sided (duplex) black and white prints: 6 cents per side (12 cents per sheet)
- One-sided (simplex) black and white prints: 7 cents per side/sheet.
- Color prints: 25 cents per side
- Plotter: $2.50 per square foot (Calculate print cost on our plotter user guide)
Please note that the Libraries do not issue refunds for funds that are unused by graduation.
Guest users must use cash for all printing and photocopying transactions. See Printing for Guest Users for fees.
Library printer locations
- Information Commons: 3 B/W printers, 1 color printer, 1 color plotter (Read our plotter user guide for more information)
- Mac Classroom (Room B182): 1 B/W printer
- Herskovits Library: 1 B/W printer
- Art Collection: 1 B/W printer, 1 high-res color printer, both with 11 x 17" printing capabilities
- Government & Geographic Information: 1 B/W printer, 1 color printer, 1 microfilm/fiche reader/printer/scanner, 1 flatbed scanner 11"x17", 1 oversize scanner max width 42"
- Music Library: 1 B/W printer
- Music Library Listening Center and Music Lab: 1 B/W printer
- Periodicals and Newspapers Reading Room: 1 B/W printer
- Special Collections: 2 B/W printers
- Transportation Library: 1 B/W printer
- Digital Media Lab: 1 flatbed scanner 11"x17", 1 slide scanner, 1 sheet-fed text scanner
Other Evanston locations
- Math Library: 1 B/W printer
- Tech Atrium (Technological Institute): 1 B/W printer, 1 color printer, 1 plotter
- Tech PC Classroom: 1 B/W printer, 1 color printer
- Tech Lab (MG51): 1 large-format plotter
- Schaffner Library: 1 B/W printer