Equipment for Checkout
Northwestern students, faculty and staff can checkout a variety of audiovisual equipment and projection systems from the University Library. Audiovisual equipment can be borrowed for three days; projectors can be borrowed for one day.
Northwestern University Library provides cameras, video cameras, a microphone and tripods for check-out. See our LibGuide on Working with Digital Media for detailed specifications and borrowing guidelines for equipment.
Check-out and check-in takes place at the Northwestern University Library Circulation Desk.
Portable computer projection equipment is available for check-out on a first-come, first-served basis from the John P. McGowan Information Commons for use on campus. The equipment consists of an LCD projector, a tabletop screen and cables for laptop hookup (VGA) and connectivity.
The equipment is straightforward to use and works with almost any laptop. However, it is strongly recommended that borrowers test the equipment with their own laptops and media before use. Library staff are not available to set up equipment in classrooms.
- Borrowers must check-out the equipment in person and must present a current, valid WildCard.
- Borrowers accept financial responsibility for the equipment while it is checked out.
- Projectors may only be checked out for use at the Northwestern University, Evanston campus.
- Projectors may be checked out for one day.
- Borrowers must provide their own laptops.