University Library Level 2
- Check Out Location
- Ask Us
- Computer Lab
- NUSearch Station
- Quiet Areas
- Well lit with a nice view of the lagoon, Core is a favorite spot among undergrads. There are three tiers offering social and solo study options.
- Check out popular fiction in the Core Leisure Reading collection.
- The bottom level has 10 reservable study rooms for individual and small group study. Reserve a Core study room.
- The main level has a project room, perfect for larger group projects. Reserve the Core project room.
Research & Learning Services
Office space for many of the library's subject specialist librarians.
Repository and Digital Curation
- Digital Scholarship provides services to faculty and graduate students, including digital humanities consultations and support, copyright assistance, and data management planning assistance to faculty and graduate students.
- Repository and Digital Curation provides digitization services and support to faculty and graduate students and is responsible for the development and administration of the Library's digital repository.
Academic and Research Technologies
- A&RT is a department of NUIT.
- It supports faculty as instructors and researchers.
- Additionally, it provides the larger Northwestern community access to educational technologies and various multimedia resources.
- Café Bergson is located in University Library and is the perfect spot for a cup of Metropolis coffee, along with freshly made sandwiches, bakery items, salads, sushi and more. An ordering counter is accessible from the Library Plaza so you can enjoy your coffee on the go or in the outdoor seating area.
- Café Bergson accepts cash, credit cards, Wildcat Points, Meal Equivalency and Cat Cash.
- View the hours of operation.
Mitchell Multimedia Center
- It holds a video library with over 30,000 DVDs, including everything from documentaries to popular films to television series.
- Facilities include 8 self-service viewing stations. Multimedia group viewing can also be arranged through the Center.
- For more information, contact Mitchell Multimedia Center.
- Located on the same level as Core, the Student Lounge is the perfect place to enjoy a snack with ample seating, power outlets and vending machines.
Seats 30. For information about reserving the room and equipment available, visit the Video Theater page.
Forum RoomSeats 67. For information about reserving the room and equipment available, visit the Forum Room page.
The Writing PlaceThe Writing Place offers peer writing consultations to assist members of the Northwestern Community throughout the writing process. For more information on services, or to schedule a consultation, visit the Writing Place website.
Back to top