New and Notable
Sarmiento elected head of Special Library Association
Roberto Sarmiento, head of the Transportation Library, was recently elected by SLA members to serve as the association's president in 2018. He has been an SLA member since 1989 and has served in several capacities, including chair of the Transportation Division and the Bylaws Committee. He will join the SLA Board of Directors in 2017 as president-elect, and become president in 2018.
New electronic journals
The Libraries' recently acquired access to over 780 backfiles of e-Journals from Wiley Online. Relevant titles include:
- Journal of Advanced Transportation
- Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering
- Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures
- International Journal of Intelligent Systems
- International Journal of Urban and Regional Research
New rail resource rich in history and images
A collection of images, videos, and documents related to the history of rail is now available via the open archives of the Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français (SNCF). The collection includes treasures such as early rail video and a travel guide to Syria. See the full archive.