The Video Theater is available to members of the Northwestern community for computer and multimedia presentations and other special programs. It is not available for use as a regularly scheduled classroom, for events that do not require the use of audio-visual or computer equipment at each session or for events that charge admission.
Room description & equipment
The Video Theater has movable chairs on wheels with swivel writing arms. The chairs allow easy rearrangement for both standard frontal viewing and break-out groups. The AV equipment is housed in a separate control room.
Seats 30 people
All AV equipment is controlled from a touchscreen on an ADA-compliant lectern at the front of the room.
- 90" Sharp Aquos liquid crystal flat screen television (1080p; HDTV; HDMI; 3D)
- Region-free Blu-ray deck that scales to DVD
- 1/2" VHS Videotape
- JBL Control 28 stereo speakers
- Slide projector (by request)
The Video Theater's computer equipment is housed at the lectern.
- Dell Optiplex 7010 computer: 16GB; 3.40 GHz
- Smart Podium interactive pen display
- Wireless keyboard, mouse, and pointer
- Flash drives are accepted in both the front of the PC located inside the lectern, and on the Smart Podium interactive pen display
- The lectern has HDMI cabling, plus Extron cabling that can connect to any laptop (PC or Macintosh), that has a standard 15 pin VGA/SVGA monitor adapter. It is recommended that users with current Macintosh laptop models bring their own adaptors.
Software on Dell Optiplex 7010 computer
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Smart Podium interactive pen display software: Pen & Touch with 80 Touch Points
- RealPlayer; QuickTime; Windows Media Player
- Adobe Reader
- Web-based video conferencing
- Browsers: Internet Explorer; Firefox, Chrome
- Mobile white board
- Land line telephone jack for telephone conferencing
- Intercom phones connected to the Multimedia Center service counter
- Incandescent and fluorescent lighting controls from the front of the room
Schedule the room
Contact Mitchell Multimedia Center staff in advance at 847-491-7770 or at firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. The room can also be scheduled through the Microsoft Outlook Calendar. At this time, you should also:
- Reserve laserdisc screenings
- Specify what media you will need (Blu-ray/DVD, VHS or computer projection)
- Indicate if you will be using the ADA features of the lectern during presentation