The Forum Room is located on the second floor, south tower of University Library, and is available to members of the Northwestern community for computer and multimedia presentations and other special programs. It is not available for use as a regularly scheduled classroom, for events that do not require the use of audiovisual or computer equipment at each session or for events that charge admission.
The Forum Room is equipped with a fixed 10-foot screen. The equipment listed below is remotely operated from the lectern at the front of the room:
- Region-free Blu-ray deck that scales to DVD
- 1/2" VHS Videotape
- CD Audio
- Digital ceiling-mounted projector
- The Forum Room houses a Dell Optiplex 7040 computer.
- Flash drives are accepted in both the front of the computer and on the presentation desk's flash cable.
- Microsoft Windows 10
- RealPlayer; Windows Media Player; and inherent Windows 10 apps
- Adobe Reader
- Web-based video conferencing
- Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge
- 2 glass white boards at the front of the room
- Document camera
- Surround Sound speaker system
- Hand-held and lavalier microphones
Schedule the room
To reserve these group viewing rooms, request a room with the Libraries event space request form. The room can also be scheduled through the Microsoft Outlook Calendar by searching for "NUL Forum Room." At this time, you should also:
- Reserve laserdisc screenings
- Specify what media you will need (Blu-ray/DVD, VHS or computer projection)