The Forum Room is located on the second floor, south tower of University Library, and is available to members of the Northwestern community for computer and multimedia presentations and other special programs. It is not available for use as a regularly scheduled classroom, for events that do not require the use of audiovisual or computer equipment at each session or for events that charge admission.
Room description & equipment
Seats 67 people
The Forum Room is equipped with a fixed 7-foot screen. Most of the AV equipment listed below is remotely operated from the presentation desk at the front of the room:
- Region-free Blu-ray deck that scales to DVD
- 1/2" VHS Videotape
- CD Audio
- Digital ceiling-mounted projector
- Slide Projector
- The Forum Room houses a Dell Optiplex 7040 computer.
- Flash drives are accepted in both the front of the computer, on the presentation desk's flash cable, and on the monitor.
- The room is equipped with an NEC digital projector that can connect to any laptop or desktop computer (PC or Macintosh). It is recommended that users with current Macintosh laptop models bring their own adaptors.
Software on Dell Optiplex 7010 computer
- Microsoft Windows 10
- RealPlayer; Windows Media Player; and inherent Windows 10 apps
- Adobe Reader
- Web-based video conferencing
- Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge
- 2 dry white boards at the front of the room
- Intercom phone connected to the Multimedia Center service counter
- Dolby Surround Sound speaker system
Schedule the room
Contact Mitchell Multimedia Center staff in advance at 847-491-7770 or at firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. The room can also be scheduled through the Microsoft Outlook Calendar. At this time, you should also:
- Reserve laserdisc screenings
- Specify what media you will need (Blu-ray/DVD, VHS or computer projection)